Accreditation Rules and Rights for Media Representatives
Accreditation of representatives of media means operating on the territory of several election districts shall be conducted by the CEC Secretary or by the secretaries of the appropriate DECs;
Accreditation of media representatives operating on the territory of one election district shall be conducted by the secretary of the appropriate DEC;
- Applications on accreditation of the media shall be submitted to the relevant election commission, no later than 3 days before the polling day.
- Within a day after submitting the application, a secretary of the appropriate election commission shall decide on the accreditation of media representatives and within a day shall issue the appropriate certificates to the accredited representatives, which at the same time represent badges;
In the case of decline of application for accreditation, the secretary shall issue an appropriate ordinance (proper justification for the decline of the application shall be stated in the ordinance) within the same timeframe;
On the polling day, the same organization of the press and the other mass media shall be entitled to have no more than 3 representatives at the same time at the election precinct.
Media Representatives have the right to:
Observe election process, cover polling day, as well as periods before and after polling day in a free and unhindered manner;
Media representatives accredited in relevant election commissions have right to:
- Attend election commissions’ meetings;
- Be present at the polling place at any time during polling day;
- Unrestrictedly move within the precinct territory and observe all stages of the polling process in a free and unhindered manner without obstructing the polling process.
Media representatives are not entitled to:
- Interfere with the functions and activities of the election commission;
- Exert an undue influence upon the free expression of will of voters;
- Agitate in favor or against an electoral subject;
- Wear symbols or signs of any election subject;
- Be present at the polling place without the badge on the polling day.
In case of hindering operations of the commission and violation of order, Election Commission shall be authorized to make a decision on removing the media representative from the polling place in which the Commission is located.
The registration application and all necessary documentation can be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org