Information for Ethnic Minorities
Information for Ethnic Minority Voters
In order to support the equal election environment for ethnic minorities, a special working group is created at the Central Election Commission (CEC) of Georgia. The group unites the CEC members, representatives of the CEC structural units, international and local NGOs and representatives of various state agencies. The CEC Coordination, Planning and Reporting Department ensures the coordinated work of the group. The activities of the group are guided by the regulation approved by the CEC Chairperson.
According to the sub-paragraph Z5 paragraph 1, of the article 14 of the Election Code of Georgia, the CEC approves its annual action plan which envisages activities to be implemented for ethnic minority representatives.
Precinct Election Commissions (PEC) for the October 8, Parliamentary Elections.
344 elections precincts are created in accordance with the regions densely populated with ethnic minorities for the October 8, 2016 Parliamentary Elections. In particular:
- Georgian-Azerbaijani -207 PECs
- Georgian- Armenian- 133 PECs
- Georgian- Armenian- Azerbaijani – 4 PECs
Services Available for Ethnic Minority Voters
During the E-day, for the Azerbaijani and Armenian voters in the regions densely populated with ethnic minorities the following documents are available in Georgian-Armenian, Georgian –Azerbaijani and Georgian-Armenian-Azerbaijani languages:
- Ballot papers;
- Posters reflecting polling station premises and polling procedures;
- Rules for marking the ballot papers;
- Unified voters’ lists, table version, and version for publishing at the polling stations.
For the Precinct Election Commission members representing Armenian and Azerbaijani ethnic minorities the following documents are available (in Georgian-Armenian, Georgian –Azerbaijani languages):
- Guidelines/instructions for the PEC members;
- Memo/instruction for the PEC Chairperson;
- Functions for the PEC members responsible for regulating a flow of voters;
- Authority of the PEC Secretary during the E-day;
- Functions of the voter's registrar PEC member;
- Functions of the PEC members who is supervisor of ballot boxes and special envelopes;
- Functions of the PEC member accompanying mobile ballot box;
- Guideline for the PEC members for relation with Persons with Disabilities;
- Educational/ Learning film “E-day Procedures” with subtitles.
Trainings for the PEC members who speak Azerbaijani and Armenian languages are being conducted in the languages they speak and understand
For raising awareness of Armenian and Azerbaijani voters the CEC ensures:
- Translation of all image/informational video clips in Armenian and Azerbaijani languages. The mentioned video clips are aired by the public broadcaster and regional TV channels in Samtskhe-Javakheti and Kvemo Kartli.
- Publishing information in Armenian and Azerbaijani print media;
- Availability of the data in the voters’ unified list for the Armenian and Azerbaijani voters living in the regions densely populated with ethnic minorities;
- Delivering election related information via the CEC Informational Center in Armenian and Azerbaijani languages during the election period.
- Conducting meetings on election procedures at the regions densely populated with ethnic minorities (Samtskhe-Javakheti, Kakheti and Kvemo Kartli).
Verify Your Data in the Voters’ Unified List
According to the paragraph V, of the article 14 of the Election Code of Georgia the data of the ethnic minority voters in the unified voters’ list is available in ethnic minority languages at the CEC official web page during the election period.